Before making your pool purchase, please take an opportunity to learn more about
the distinct difference owning a Doughboy pool can make. After weighing your options
we are confident that you’ll agree...It’s Gotta Be A Doughboy!
A Pool Buyer's Guide
Steel or Resin?
- Doughboy understands that there are many choices to consider in today's above-ground
pool market. That’s why we want to help you become a more informed buyer.
- Doughboy pools are the single most adaptable pools on the market today. Whether
you want an above-ground pool or an in-ground look, Doughboy has the answer! Our
pool’s unparalleled strength and quality are unmatched in the industry.
- Doughboy invented the first portable pool over 60 years ago. Since then it has been
our goal to give our consumers peace of mind about the longevity, maintenance, and
safety of a Doughboy pool.
Safely Designed for Peace of Mind
- With Doughboy, your choice between the two are equal. Doughboy pool frames are designed
to last, whether they are made from steel or resin. The only choice you will need
to make is deciding which of our beautifully designed pools you want in your backyard.
Memories for a Lifetime!
- No one takes the issue of pool safety more seriously than we do: Our ground-breaking
work with the US Consumer Products Safety Commission, whose motto is “Saving Lives
and Keeping Families Safe”, has resulted in an industry-leading safety program that
is a part of every Doughboy pool.
- At Doughboy, we know the number one reason people buy a pool is to make memories
- so we build our pools to last for a “Lifetime of Memories”. Our top-of-the-line
pools are under warranty for the entire time you own them!
- Doughboy offers an excellent assortment of pool sizes in both round and oval configurations
to perfectly compliment your backyard.
- Be assured that when we give you a pool dimension it is a “true” size based on the
inside pool wall. Our pools also have a “true” vertical and top rail measurement.
These dimensions are measured by a straight vertical dimension – not a wrap-around
measurement of the rail.
Vertical End Caps - "the Anchor" of any Pool
- Made from heavier copper bearing steel than industry standards for a stronger pool
wall. Ours are 30-60 lbs. heavier than other brands. Ask your dealer to show you
our wall weight.
- A Doughboy Exclusive! – Our Zinc Clad Hot-Dipped Galvanized Steel Wall receives
numerous protective coatings, along with a special Epoxy coating on the inside of
the pool wall providing the best defense against corrosion and condensation.
- Deep, balanced corrugation offers wall flexibility and vertical strength. Doughboy
pool walls have more corrugation per inch than any other brand.
- Exclusive! Slide-Bar wall connector continuously joins the pool walls together for
complete structural integrity and ease of assembly. This creates a seamless and
smooth swimming environment.
- Unlike our competitors, we do not use unattractive
nuts and bolts that weaken the wall structure.
- Doughboy vertical end caps are made from 18 gauge galvanized steel – 50% heavier
than most brands. This provides added stability at the base and the top of the pool.
- Exact, pre-punched holes assure structural integrity and allow for a more precise
installation. Other brands use slotted holes which cost less to produce but weaken
the stability of their pools. Test and compare us to other brands by vigorously
shaking the top rail. You can feel the stability!
Top Rails (Top Seats)
- Made from better-than-industry-standard gauge steel which increases stability. (Approximately
50% heavier than other brands)
- Doughboy steel verticals are made with 3-piece construction for extra strength and
- All steel verticals and top rails are coated with a 7-step coating process on both
sides to insure maximum corrosion resistance and superior durability.
All Doughboy Pools Have...
- Steel top rails made from 20 gauge steel are sturdier than our competitors’ rails.
That’s because we understand the top rails get more use than any other part of the
- Count the number of verticals and top rails and compare – we provide more than any
other brand – increasing the strength and lifetime performance!
- Com-Pac II™ Oval Support System with steel construction that offers a stylish, one-part
tapered design that only exposes 9 inches of the support for a more attractive appearance.
This helps accommodate larger pool models in smaller backyards.
- Interlocking frame structure adds strength and stability to our pools. Plus it’s
easier to install!
- Premium-gauge steel used for the bottom rails is made with a 7-step process to insure
a long, trouble free life. They are backed with a 100% lifetime warranty!
- Have more skimming surface area that removes surface debris much faster!
- Allow for more pool water height fluctuation – reducing the need to frequently add
- Hold twice the water volume than the competition’s so called “wide-mouth skimmers”!
Theirs just funnels water into a smaller opening, restricting the amount of water
flowing through the skimmer outlet!
- Have a basket that is twice the size of the competition – for fewer trips to clean
it! The magnum weir in our skimmer prevents trapped debris from re-entering the
pool when the pump is switched off.
- Have an exclusive vacuum port built into their faceplate enabling direct hookup
of vacuums! Other skimmers connect over the top rail or through a separate plate
that is near the water’s surface. Their design can draw in air that can cause the
pump to fail!
- Have warranties four times longer than the competition’s 90-day warranties!
- 100% Virgin-Vinyl Formula. No Reprocessed Material is Used. Manufactured by Doughboy
to our rigid specifications to provide a soft, flexible, top-quality liner.
- Manufactured with a specialized formulation proven over the years for superior quality.
Materials used in formulation have low-temperature plastizers and stabilizers to
assure low-temperature flexibility and durability. Our liners are the highest quality
liners on the market today.
- Extruded in our own manufacturing facility and assembled using the latest technological
processes. Our ExclusiveTherma-Seal™ Technology, a proprietary fusion method, provides
superior sealing for maximum durability and quality. We are so confident in the
seam that we back all of our liner seams with a 100% lifetime warranty.
- Exclusive! 20 and 25 Mil "True" Expandable Liners are designed to expand smoothly
into an Optional Special-Purpose Deep Swimming Area for Underwater Swimming Only.
No Jumping. No Diving.
- All Doughboy liners exceed industry standards for weight and thickness assuring
our liners will out perform our competition. Our liners are a “True Mil” measure.
Don’t be confused by the “gauge” game our competitors play. Some will call their
liner 20 gauge or 20 weight when they really measure only 15 Mil (.015”) in thickness
or less. Ask your dealer to weigh a Doughboy liner!
Stainless steel panels - fact or fiction?
- Some above-ground pools today have stainless steel panels at the skimmer opening
to prevent rusting of the pool wall. This solution will cause a problem called “Dissimilar
Metal Corrosion” (when two different types of metals - ie. galvanized steel and
stainless - are bolted together). Over time this will cause the wall at the two
connection points to rust away and lead to pool failure. In the past, this type
of pool panel was nicknamed a “Blow-out Panel” as a result of the corrosion. This
practice also takes away from the beauty of your pool.
- Doughboy’s procedures include a flattened area in the corrugation around our skimmer/return
openings. A special U-gasket is used to protect the raw edge of the steel to assure
a no-leak skimmer installation.
- Our walls also have the most advanced coatings, further protecting them from the
elements. This eliminates the need for a stainless steel panel, and maintains the
structural integrity and beauty of your Doughboy pool!